Asked by Mr.matthew from usa | Sep. 15, 2009 14:24
About:China Consulate in Los Angeles

hello, i am in the process of trying to fing a ESL teaching position. i have found a school that is interested in hiring me but i cant find any information on the legitimacy of the school. i was wondering is the consulate could find out wether the school is legally permitted and safe to work for. the school name and address is, walawala english school, 1588 Mudanjiang Road,Shanghai, China. also, is it legal if i were to go to china on a tourist visa to seek out a job and then apply for the work visa and residency there?


Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Megan | Sep. 15, 2009 21:46
If you want to know the reality of the school, you can ask them to provide you a Visa Notification Form issued by Chinese authorized unit and Working Permit issued to foreign experts by The State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, Alien Employment License of the People's Republic of China issued by Ministry of Labor and Social Security, Letter of Invitation for Foreigners Engaged in Offshore Petroleum Operations in the People's Republic of China, etc.
You can travel to Chian on a tourist visa and then change it into a work visa after you get an offer in China.

Related Questions:
Hello, I am looking at teaching ESL in China next year and I have been offe...
Asked by Ms.McIntyre from Aus
| Dec. 24, 2009 02:16
Living in Hohhot
Asked by Annie
| Aug. 07, 2013 20:33
Can you change an L visa to a Z visa, ideally without leaving Beijing?
Asked by Kevin from United Kingdom
| Jul. 26, 2011 01:46
Work visa as an ESL teacher in South Korea
| Nov. 03, 2013 02:57
Good day! Can I obtain Z visa when on a tourist L type?
Asked by Lenge from South Africa
| Dec. 01, 2015 20:01
I am an American teaching ESL in Seoul, South Korea. I am confused by the ...
Asked by Ms.Heidi Wieck from America
| Feb. 22, 2011 01:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)