Asked by Mr.Joe from USA | Jul. 15, 2009 13:54
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

I am traveling to China to work at a university for four months, the university is applying for a work permit for me, however I am scheduled to fly to China before I will likely receive the work permit and therefore can not apply for a work visa in time for my flight. Would it be possible to apply for a tourist visa and then once I obtain a work permit while in China apply for a work visa and then a temporary residency permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Christopher | Jul. 15, 2009 22:37
For China work visa, foreigners are asked to apply for it in their home countries, applying work visa in China will be much more difficult. I advise you get the visa before your departure.
Related Questions:
I am travelling to Beijing soon to attend the Beijing Language and Culture ...
Asked by Mr. Spat from United States
| Feb. 10, 2011 20:01
How much is a student visa and what am i required to have inorder to obtain...
Asked by Kudakwashe arnold from Zimbabwe
| Jul. 23, 2013 04:02
I am wanting to obtain a visa. Which type is the right one?
Asked by Rob from USA
| Aug. 10, 2016 22:19
Do i need a visa? Thank you!
Asked by Esther from United States
| Jun. 18, 2018 21:12
As a student am i allowed to work part time to raise my university fees
Asked by Sifiso Viriri from Zimbabwe
| Feb. 05, 2014 03:40
5 months lecturing with contract and pay in UK: Can I apply for F visa?
Asked by Chris from United Kingdom
| Jan. 31, 2015 02:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)