Asked by Ms.Emily from USA | Jul. 06, 2009 14:14
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

I am a US citizen, and I will spend one year on an unpaid fellowship with the Beijing office of a US-based non-profit organization. The organization is recommending that I obtain a tourist visa, but it seems that an F visa might be more appropriate. Would an L visa be ok since I will not be paid, even though I'm doing research and helping the organization? And if not, what would the organization need to do to help me apply for an F visa? For example, what information would they need to put in the invitation letter and would this cost them anything? Are there any special rules since they are US-based organization? Thanks!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Kevin | Jul. 06, 2009 22:57
You should apply for a F visa. They have to use their stamped paper (with their organization name, address, phone number and fax number) to write the invitation letter for you, and they have to put in your name, sex, birth, passport No., address, family phone number, inviting purpose, who will affpord your expense in China and the time they write the letter. Finally, the person who invite you have to sign his/her name.
Related Questions:
Hellow every one! I have obtained an international fellowship i.e TWAS-CAS...
Asked by Mr.subs from India
| Feb. 04, 2011 12:57
I am attending a Surgical conference in China early November. I applied for...
Asked by Dean
| Oct. 22, 2014 01:44
Transit after stopover in Beijing
Asked by Suzanne from USA
| Sep. 21, 2016 22:53
My son has been offered 2 weeks unpaid work experience in China. What type ...
Asked by Trevor from United Kingdom
| Mar. 20, 2012 21:10
I am from India. I got an offer from Hong Kong university to pursue post do...
Asked by Mr.Suvadip from India
| Nov. 11, 2010 01:17
I am looking for low cost airfare from US to Shanghai. I will spend Chinese...
Asked by Mr.Jack from usa
| Apr. 10, 2009 22:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)