Asked by Mr.Gary from Qatar | Jun. 26, 2009 05:12
About:Chinese Embassy in U.S.A.

I am a US citizen (hold US passport) but I live and work currently in Qatar. Can I apply for a tourist visa (L) at the Chinese Embassy in Doha? I plan on visiting Beijing, Shanghai, and Honk Kong/Macau. Do I need a special visa, or different visa for that trip?

Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Lena | Jun. 26, 2009 21:58
Yes, you can apply for the China visa in Doha, whcih can be used to visit Beijing and Shanghai.
As for your trip to Hongkong, Qatar passport holders are free of visa to Hk for less than 30 days.
However, you need a visa to Macau whcih can be abtained at the Macau airport when you arrive.
Related Questions:
Do I need a tourist visa to visit Hong Kong? If so, what are the requiremen...
Asked by chris from qatar
| Mar. 31, 2013 04:17
can i just get Chinese visa from Ukraine? in odessa? or i must go back to U...
Asked by CHUN WANG from USA
| Dec. 29, 2014 21:43
Does China still issue 6 month or 1 year multiple entry visas?
Asked by Robert Myers from Chile
| Jun. 15, 2013 03:08
Hi, I'm flying HND-SHA ,staying less than 72 hrs then on to SIN..Am I eligi...
Asked by Xavier from USA
| Aug. 08, 2014 22:22
I am a US citizen currently in Qatar and planning a trip to China in August...
Asked by Mr.Ledee from Qatar
| May. 16, 2010 01:20
Will we, NRIs be able to get a visa to do the pilgrimage to Kailash Mansaro...
Asked by Asha from USA
| Jun. 14, 2014 01:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)