Asked by Mrs.pei from U.S.A | Jun. 22, 2009 17:29
About:China Consulate in Los Angeles

My name is xiao pei. I need a proof of my U.S citizenship and my bachelor degree which I earned in the United States for my future use in China.

1.As for my proof of U.S citizenship, do i just need my U.S. passport to be verified or I have to have my residency verified,too?

2.I am planning to go next week to the embassy on June 29 or 30th. Are you open?

Thank you for your quick reply!


xiao pei

Answers (3)
Answered by Mr.Bryant from USA | Jun. 22, 2009 23:15
You will apply for a X student visa to China, Right?Your U.S. passport will be ok. The working hours of the Chinese embassy in USA is 09:30-12:30, 13:30-15:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays), so it is open when you go there.
Answered by Mr.xiao pei from U.S.A | Jun. 24, 2009 10:14
Thank you,Mr Bryant! I am not exactly applying the X student visa now. What I am going to do in China is to work for a company in the future. I need to get my diploma and my citizenship verified. They didn't particular ask whether I should prove my residency in U.S.A.

They just wanted me to prove myself a U.S. Citizen. So I assumed the U.S passport would be ok? Sorry for the confusion! Hope I clarified my question now.
Answered by Mr.Bryant from USA | Jun. 25, 2009 19:51
Yes, your US passport can prove your citizenship.
Related Questions:
My assistant booked my train ticket from Beijing to Shanghai on his credit ...
Asked by John from U.K.
| Oct. 20, 2016 05:21
hi my name akshay i need multiple visa can u send me format of cover la...
Asked by Mr.Akshay from India
| Mar. 31, 2010 22:57
Plane ticket from China to Korea is different name than on passport.
Asked by Taryn from China
| May. 05, 2015 22:03
Can we lodge our passport in Japan
Asked by Jin Pei Pei from New Zealand
| Jan. 06, 2016 20:37
Do I need proof of accommodation for my entire stay in china in order to ga...
Asked by Martin from Australia
| Oct. 26, 2013 02:56
Do I need an invitation from my hostel or is proof of booking ok?
Asked by Annabel Boyer from Australia
| Aug. 21, 2015 01:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)