Asked by Mrs.Bernice Ti from Philippines | Feb. 04, 2009 05:38
About:Chinese Embassy in Philippines

How do I apply for permanent residency in People's Republic of China?
Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Emma | Feb. 05, 2009 21:38
To apply for permanent residence in China, the applicant or the parents or guardian of unmarried children shall submit an application to the public security organ of the People's Government at the city level or the branch office or county office of the public security bureau of a municipality directly under the central government, which is in charge of the community of the applicant's major investment or long-term residence, and at the same time, provide the specified application documents. After the public security organ receives the application, it shall investigate and verify the conditions of the applicant according to the specified prerequisites, and submit the application to the Ministry of Public Security for examination and approval. The public security organ shall decide whether to approve or reject the application for permanent residence permit within 6 months of receiving the application. Upon the approval of the Ministry of Public Security, the applicant shall be granted an Alien Permanent Residence Permit by the Ministry of Public Security. To applicants outside China, an Alien Permanent Resident Status Confirmation Letter shall be issued by the Ministry of Public Security, with which they may apply for D Visas from a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad, and receive the Alien Permanent Residence Permits from the public security organ which handles their applications within 30 days.Alien Permanent Residence Permits are valid for five or ten years.
Related Questions:
How do you address a letter to the consul general of the peoples republic o...
Asked by tracy from south africa
| Apr. 24, 2012 22:31
total Visa cost
Asked by Lorna Mee from Australia
| May. 08, 2014 03:59
Peoples Republic of China dosn't seem to have either a consular office or e...
Asked by Mr.Wayne Morley from Panama
| Aug. 11, 2009 20:28
Hello. I am from Spain but I have permanent residency in the CZ. I am goi...
Asked by Mr.Manuel Sánchez from Spain/CZ
| Mar. 14, 2011 21:19
How long does it take to apply for permanent residency for a child under th...
Asked by Ms.Chel from USA
| Jun. 27, 2009 21:47
Hello, I am a Malaysian passport holder (and citizen) with a permanent r...
Asked by Mr.visitor from Malaysia
| Dec. 13, 2009 01:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)