Asked by Diane from United Kingdom | May. 05, 2024 14:09
About:24-Hour Visa-Free Transit

HK - Shenzhen one day shopping trip

We will be in HK for 2 weeks in the summer and fancy a shopping trip to Shenzhen for the day. Do we need to apply for a visa, if so how do we go about it and how much would it cost per adult please? Thank you.

Answers (2)
Answered by Borut | May. 06, 2024 03:48
You have right to apply and obtain 5 days Shenzhen visa on arrival for a price of 130 CNY per person (regardless of age). You can do that at three border crossings (Huanggang and Lo Wu - overland, and Shekou in Shenzhen - by ferry). If you ask me, by far the best option is to take the first morning ferry from Hong Kong to Shekou in Shenzhen and to apply for a visa at Shekou visa office. Lo Wu is convenient because you can easily reach by local train, but the main problem here are the queues and the waste of time. Well, now when you know, you will easily decide what will you do.
Answered by Diane | May. 14, 2024 00:54
Thanks for getting back to me with sound advice! Much appreciated.
Related Questions:
VOA for a Thai passport holder
Asked by Jane from Thailand
| Apr. 21, 2013 22:14
I am spending one day in Shenzhen. I will go over fr HK by MTR. At the comm...
Asked by Ms.bdtay from Singapore
| Sep. 23, 2010 00:52
Hi, I am planning a trip to HK for a week and meanwhile will have a one day...
Asked by Ms.Julia from Malaysi
| Jun. 29, 2009 04:10
Which is a better shopping place for ladies fashion? Dongmen st? Or lowu co...
Asked by Ms.Angela from Philippines
| Jan. 31, 2011 20:18
hi, there please kindly need your advice. Im travelling to shenzhen for s...
Asked by Ms.Irma Jeanette from Indonesia
| Aug. 18, 2009 01:20
Day Trip to Shenzhen from Hong Kong, Possible right to apply VOA?
Asked by Fawzi from Malaysia
| Jan. 15, 2016 01:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)