Asked by Roel from Netherlands | Jun. 16, 2021 19:35
About:China Family Reunion Visa

My work permit is not being renewed and my residence permit is expiring.

I'm Dutch and my wife is Chinese. We are planning to relocate to the Netherlands with our daughter in September, but my work and residence permits expire in Mid-July and my employer has suddenly informed me that it would not renew my permits, even though my contract hasn't finished yet. (our tickets and all our other preparations are all for a later date so i can't leave much earlier)

We want to apply for a family/spouse visa (Q1 or Q2 I think), but we need to apply for that before my residence permit expires. But we also need the release letter from my company, and they have indicated that they will give it to me on the day that my work (and residence) permit expires. Is there any way to get the family visa before we get the release letter? If not, are there any other options to stay in China for another month and a half?

Answers (1)
Answered by Rosie | Jun. 21, 2021 02:23
Tell the staff of the local Exit and Entry Administritive Office your situation, they will probably give you a Q visa without the release letter and do that before your resident permit expires. Overstay will influence your future visa application to China.
Related Questions:
Can I get chinese visa? I want to visit china for a exhibition from 14.04.2...
Asked by Mani.K.R from UAE
| Apr. 09, 2015 04:06
do you t hink I can get a month extension for it?
Asked by Sai from China
| Aug. 20, 2018 20:31
Holding Work Permit and residence permit Issued in Beijing
Asked by Ken from Malaysia
| Apr. 24, 2015 04:50
Limited Time To Process New Work Permit
Asked by aaron from China
| Jun. 25, 2017 20:25
aplication exceed 30 days
Asked by Carmen from Mexico
| Jun. 02, 2017 03:57
resident permit expiry
Asked by khan from pakistan
| Sep. 28, 2015 01:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)