Asked by Julia from Germany | Sep. 29, 2020 23:43
About:China Visa

S2 or Q visa possible already?


I need to find out options to come to live with my Chinese soon-to-be-husband in Shanghai.

I am a German citizen and in Germany right now. My residence permit expired end of June after 5 years in China and I went back to Germany.

Right now I can not apply for a S2 visa for private matters to come and get married in China, is that right?

Germany allows third country unmarried partners to come for short term visits at the moment. So the next option would be to get married in Germany or another European country (like Denmark) and then apply for a Q visa to go to China together with him.
Is Q visa already possible again?
And if so, we would only have to get the marriage certificate translated and registerd at the Chinese embassy in Germany, right?

Are there any other options I am not thinking of?

Thank you for your help!

Answers (4)
Answered by Leo | Sep. 30, 2020 00:12
No, you cannot apply for private matters to come and get married in China.

After you get married, you can try to apply for a Q visa. To apply for it, you need to have your marriage certificate translated and registered at the Chinese embassy in Germany.
Answered by Julia | Sep. 30, 2020 06:17
Thank you!
Answered by Julia | Sep. 30, 2020 06:19
Wait. So that means it is already possible to apply for Q visa again? I mean right now with all travel restrictions?
Answered by Leo | Oct. 12, 2020 02:28
Yes, now it's possible to apply for Q visa.
Related Questions:
hi Im currently in china and i only have M visa and im also currenlt hired ...
Asked by Michael from Philippines
| Jun. 16, 2017 03:33
can i get china visa in hongkong?
Ms.SUSY from Philippines
| Aug. 04, 2011 22:24
I am holding an L visa, I already extend it for another month. Can it be p...
Asked by Mrs.Ventura from Philippines
| Apr. 10, 2009 20:41
Need to have China visa from abuja already have visited 3 times is it possi...
Asked by Dhanesh from Nigeria
| Jan. 02, 2017 20:59
72 hours free
Asked by Steph from Germany
| Jun. 01, 2017 09:47
we are invited by the UDO, the organizer Asia Pacific Street Dance Champion...
Asked by Eduardo G. Atanacio Jr. from Philippines
| Oct. 07, 2018 20:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)