Asked by marcopolo123 from China | Jul. 02, 2020 01:06
About:China Tourist Visa

10-yr L visa transfer & duration of stay

-I got a new passport (old one expired), can I transfer my 10-yr L visa from my old passport to my new passport, or would I need to re-apply for a new 10-yr L visa for my new passport? I heard it is possible to carry your old passport, which holds the valid 10-yr visa, and new passport together but I am not trying to do that.

-Also, will the duration of stay for L visa holders be automatically extended AGAIN? My initial automatic extension will expire in mid-July. If it won't be automatically extended again, what do I need to do?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from United Kingdom | Jul. 06, 2020 00:06
You don't need to transfer your L visa to your new passport, and since your visa is still valid, you can't apply for another one. Therefore, take both passports to enter China.

If you are in China now, you need to go to the local exit and entry administration to apply for another extension if you don't wanna leave.
Related Questions:
what is the minimum duration of stay on visa L
Asked by Reuben Siame from Zambia
| Sep. 22, 2013 01:34
What's the maximum duration of stay for a tourist (L) visa?
Asked by Chris from USA
| May. 02, 2015 00:53
If I come to China with a tourist visa and decide to go to school
Asked by Charlyn from Cameroon
| Sep. 20, 2016 21:57
chinese visa category l duration 30 each stay and enteries 01. how many day...
Asked by rogers from China
| May. 30, 2011 04:33
length of stay if I apply for a double entry visa to China?
Asked by prairierose from Canada
| Jul. 27, 2012 03:20
How long can I stay with a L visa? I'm from Vietnam.
Asked by yu from Vietnam
| Jun. 26, 2015 02:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)