Asked by AK | Jun. 22, 2020 23:18
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

How can we get the automatic 60 day extension?

Hello there,

I am inquiring about the automatic visa extension during this pandemic. Do we have to go to the immigration office to get this automatic renewal? How can we get this automatic renewal?


Answers (5)
Answered by Amanda from United Kingdom | Jun. 23, 2020 23:30
You don't have to go to the immigration office. If you are sure you are eligible, you need to do nothing to get it.
Answered by NOVIWIGUNA | Jun. 24, 2020 16:09
but i heard we need to go to the police station and register for it, if not we will get fine. is it true?
if yes, may i know what documents we need to bring? and how many days before?
Answered by AK | Jul. 06, 2020 04:50
Actually today I went to the immigration office, and they told me there is nothing we have to do as well. Everyone is getting an automatic 60-day extension.
Answered by Leandra from China | Jul. 07, 2020 00:14
The automatic extension is granted one time only upon the expiration of the stay duration of your current visa. There is nothing you need to do as far as filling out forms or gathering supporting documents. BUT, please make sure you make a trip to your local police station (派出所). Let them know that you have started the auto extension. They will then issue another temporary residence slip to you with the updated stay validity date. This slip is important in the event that you are unable to leave the country during your auto extension period, and need to apply for a stay permit at the Exit Entry Bureau.
Answered by HOPEFOREVER17 | Jul. 08, 2020 17:26
My working and resident permit is valid on July 14. I want to return home, but because there are no flights in the epidemic. The government is arranging some charter flights The plan is July 29, but it has not yet been decided. It should be around the 29th July. I have a registration form for accommodation opened by the local police station. It is valid until September 6. Do I need to extend or apply for a visa 60 day visa because of the epidemic? what kind of application do I need to apply for and what information do I need to prepare? I need help
Related Questions:
My wife & I want to live in Shanghai for a year on a tourist visa.
Asked by Joe from USA
| Oct. 25, 2011 23:07
maximum extension of a L visa in China
Asked by baimei from China
| Jul. 01, 2014 03:17
Dear Sir / Madam, I came to china by F class on 20-03-2010 for a 30 days ...
Asked by Mr.MOHANSVK from INDIA
| Apr. 29, 2010 04:20
as an australian can i get a 60 day tourist visa for china? how much does s...
Asked by Mr.frank from australia
| Mar. 01, 2010 22:48
Extension of double entry visa
Asked by Sabine from Switzerland
| Sep. 17, 2014 21:08
Not to stay forever but longer than 60 days
Asked by robert from usa
| Feb. 29, 2016 21:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)