Asked by Lori R from United States | May. 14, 2020 19:58
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Visa for 18 Year Old Son

My husband and I are going to be living in China for 3 years thru my husbands company which is in the US. Can we get a 1 year visa for my 18 year old son who is going to take a gap year before starting college and come with us.

Answers (2)
Answered by Simone from Germany | May. 17, 2020 20:07
Lori, your son cannot get a dependant visa because he is over 18 years old. You may get him a tourist visa, but the validity cannot be as long as one year.
Answered by Min from China | May. 18, 2020 04:10
If you have a work visa, then your son can apply an S2 visa. S2 is issued to those wishing to visit family members that are foreigners working or studying in China. The intended duration of stay in China is limited to no more than 180 days.

"Family members" refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law.
Related Questions:
Can my 18 year old son apply for a visa himself, or do I need to be present...
Asked by Joanne from USA
| Jun. 07, 2017 21:44
My 21 year old son will be in China on a student visa. I want to send my 1...
Asked by Mrs.Tina from USA
| Jun. 15, 2010 01:03
S1 Visa to X1 Visa
Asked by Lea from Philippines
| Mar. 07, 2018 03:43
my son over 19 years old need visa?
Asked by Ahmed/sheika Aziz from Pakistan
| Aug. 13, 2015 22:27
How much is a volunteer visa to China for a 18 - 25 year old for 4 months?
Asked by Fijivol from Fiji
| Aug. 10, 2016 03:25
Appying a Z-visa for over 18 yrs old
Asked by Elisha Sy from Philippines
| Feb. 04, 2016 00:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)