Asked by Guzman from United Kingdom | Mar. 18, 2020 11:57
About:China Tourist Visa

Chinese Visa For Uk National

I really need some help and I will be very grateful for any responses.

I am planning to go Shanghai at the end of May, Regarding the virus personally I am a low-risk individual and will stay with my friend/lover so I don't have much interest in going places with social gatherings.

I need to apply for a Chinese Tourist Visa, but I am worried if i book a ticket for May will the Chinese reject my visa because of the virus and when applying for the Visa does anyone know if I also submit a flight itinerary without paying for an official ticket will this be rejected.

If it is very differcult to apply for a tourist visa, does anyone have any smart methods to obtain one during this crazy time ??? All I want right now is to be reunited with my lover

Does anyone know any UK nationals going on holiday during this silly virus and what kind of consequences do they face.

Answers (2)
Answered by Mindy from United Kingdom | Mar. 19, 2020 00:05
Guzman, you can apply for a tourist visa. If you lover is now in China, you can ask her to write you an invitation letter so that you don't need to provide flight itineraries for visa application.
Answered by John Doe | Mar. 19, 2020 21:03
You will face a compulsory 14-day quarantine after entering China and they do charge a fee for that. As the pandemic will most likely not be under control in the next two months, you should hold off on making any plans. It doesn't matter whether you are low-risk.

The silver lining is that China has no plans so far to halt visa issuance.
Related Questions:
AUS/GBR dual national national
Asked by Patrick from United Kingdom
| Apr. 25, 2016 04:11
I am an UK national and am going to Shanghai for meeting on 27-30 Jan 15. ...
Asked by Agnes Tay from singapore
| Nov. 27, 2014 19:12
Living in UK but EU national
Asked by Steve from UK
| Jun. 05, 2015 22:32
Is visa required for a British national and a Filipino national?
Asked by Rossenie Sandoval from Philippines
| Jul. 22, 2012 22:13
Do I need a visa to travel to China (Shenyang) as UK national?
Asked by Mr.Clement from United Kingdom
| Apr. 06, 2011 23:11
My Wife is a Chinese national living in the UK with an indefinite visa. He...
Asked by Mr.ord from england
| Mar. 20, 2011 03:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)