Asked by Tiana White from United States | Jan. 13, 2020 08:23
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Japan to Beijing to USA 72 Hour


I am looking to do a trip to Japan -> Beijing -> United States. I wanted to do the 72 hour pass, however I may end up leaving a little earlier just to be safe on the time. I will arrive on August 6th at like 7:10pm and wanted to leave on the 9th, early morning. Am I eligible for the 72 hour pass? If so, what are my next steps?
How do I fill out the waver?

Answers (1)
Answered by ZUPAN | Jan. 14, 2020 13:32
Tiana, this is fairly simple. Your itinerary is definitely eligible for 144 hour visa free transit and you don't need any kind of visa. As you can see, 72 hour visa free transit was replaced in Beijing by 144 hour visa free transit a couple of years ago.

You will print out your flight tickets and your accommodation booking for at least for the first overnight in Beijing. You will declare at check-in in Japan that you will travel to US via Beijing using 144 hour visa free transit. After a short check of your flight tickets, you will be allowed to board the plane.

Upon your arrival in Beijing, you will approach 144 hour visa free transit where you will fill out a blue form. Shortly after, you will get a sticker in your passport and will be allowed to exit the airport.

Basically, that's it.
Related Questions:
Long Layover in Beijing
Asked by Brittany from USA
| Jul. 22, 2016 02:13
We're flying from USA to Japan to Beijing (only 72 hours) and the back to U...
Asked by Paul from USA
| Jan. 29, 2013 02:25
72 hour exemption
Asked by fred davis from USA
| Mar. 28, 2014 04:46
Traveling from USA to Beijing then onto Taiwan qualifies for 72 hour free v...
Asked by Julia from USA
| May. 08, 2017 15:23
72 hour in Beijing however 4 hour stop in shanghai
Asked by Nina van hook from Usa
| Nov. 30, 2015 21:51
Korea - Beijing- Japan
Asked by Alba from USA
| Jul. 30, 2016 21:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)