Asked by laura from Spain | Jan. 08, 2020 05:26
About:China Embassy in Japan

Spanish citizen traveling in Japan, visa to CHINA

Can I and where should I go to apply for a Chinese visa in Japan if I am not a Japanese citizen?

Answers (3)
Answered by Mandy from Japan | Jan. 08, 2020 19:02
Here is a quote from the website of the visa application center in Japan:
"Non-Japan citizens shall provide documents that entitle them to reside for an extended period of time in Japan provide original and photocopy. Temporary visitors to Japan should apply for a Chinese visa in their own country. For the special cases, consular officer has the rights to make the final decision on whether issuing a visa or not."

According to this, I'm afraid you can't get a visa for China in Japan.
Answered by Lara from SK | Jan. 16, 2020 16:23
Hi Laura,
Did you find out anything regarding your Chinese visa request in Japan? Was your application accepted? Could you please share the info? Thank you.
Answered by Laura from s | Jan. 20, 2020 20:05
Hi Lara,
As Mandy said, since November 2019 you can only get a visa to enter China in the country you are residing at that moment. Technically the China embassy in the country could help you, I sent some emails but didn't gear back from them. That applies to all the countries but Hong Kong. In HK there are tons of agencies that deal with this
Related Questions:
Can a US citizen who is traveling to Japan apply for multiple F-Visa in Jap...
Asked by Akemi Ito from Japan
| Apr. 11, 2012 21:07
Need for transit visa?
Asked by David from Spain
| Feb. 24, 2012 20:15
Spanish Living in London
Asked by Javier from Spain
| Oct. 31, 2017 21:24
Hi, I'm Spanish citizen and I want to go to China,do I need a visa?
Asked by Augustine from Austria
| Aug. 15, 2017 20:58
Need visa to cross border line?
Asked by Alex from Spain
| Mar. 28, 2013 03:20
Want to visit Beijing and Shanghai for 7 days
Asked by Emilio Cortes from Spain
| Sep. 24, 2017 22:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)