Asked by Alice Hii from New Zealand | Nov. 30, 2019 02:10
About:China Embassy in New Zealand

How to change from a single entry visa to a double entry visa?

I already applied for a single entry visa to China but has just been told that if I go from Shanghai to Macau and then to Beijing, I will require double entry visa. Is that right? How can I change my visa from single entry to double entry?
Thank you

Answers (4)
Answered by Sally from USA | Dec. 02, 2019 00:12
You can't change your visa from single entry to double entries. However, if you fly from New Zealand to Beijing, and then fly from Beijing to Macau, you may use the 144h visa-free transit in Beijing. Then you can save the single entry for the trip from Macau back to Beijing.
Answered by Alice Hii from New Zealand | Dec. 02, 2019 02:34
Hi Sally, thanks for your reply. My trip is from NZ to Shanghai for 5 days then fly to Macau and then to Beijing. So I can use the 144 days free visa from Shanghai to Macau and then use the 1 entry visa from Macau to Beijing? Thanks
Answered by Nella from NZ | Jan. 09, 2020 18:55
I hope you see this in time.... the visa free period is for HOURS not DAYS!
Wishing you a good trip.
Answered by Nella from NZ | Jan. 09, 2020 19:05
Also, be VERY careful that the single entry visa does not get stamped by mistake when you enter the first time as it will be very difficult, if not impossible ,to change. Do NOT hand your passport over until you are certain that the officer understands this as they are VERY fast to stamp and it will be too late afterwards. If worst come to worst, you can probably get another visa in Macau, or failing that, possibly in Hong Kong. I suggest you check with the Chinese Embassy in NZ before you go, if you haven't already left.
Related Questions:
Can you change a single entry visa to a double entry when already in China?...
Asked by stephen from UK
| Apr. 16, 2013 04:57
can i change my single entry visa to multiple entry or double entry after e...
Asked by jamir from India
| Jun. 04, 2012 21:31
If my trip to China (back & forth) is from Brunei - Miri, Malaysia - Singa...
Asked by Carmen Lee from Brunei
| Oct. 30, 2011 21:32
How to change M visa single entry into L is that possible???
Asked by Simbu from India
| Oct. 25, 2018 19:34
tourist visa fee for an indian for single entry and double entry?
Asked by vijay from India
| Oct. 12, 2013 03:04
Will I be able to visit other countries with a student visa during my stay ...
Asked by Margot
| Apr. 20, 2015 21:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)