Asked by James from Netherlands | Aug. 12, 2019 14:45
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit


I will be traveling from Amsterdam to Guangzhou by plane. Then from Guangzhou to Hong Kong by the 'slow' train from Guangzhou East Railway station to Hung Homg Hong Kong. Then from Hong Kong to Amsterdam by plane. I will book my airplane tickets specifically for this route, so:

Outbound: AMS > CAN
Inbound: HKG > AMS

Additionally I will buy my 'slow' train ticket in advance online.

Am I eligible for a 144-Hour Visa-Free Transit in China based on this itinerary?

Thanks .

Answers (3)
Answered by ZUPAN | Aug. 12, 2019 15:09
Yes, you are definitely eligible and your itinerary is really by the book. You should just take care to book your train ticket on the website where an e-confirmation that you will receive and print out, will clearly show your name.
Answered by James from Netherlands | Aug. 12, 2019 22:51
Thanks for your reply. So I ask for the application free Visa form after I board the plane?
Answered by ZUPAN | Aug. 13, 2019 15:30
Your first statement regarding visa free transit will be in Amsterdam where you will declare that you travel to Hong Kong via Guangzhou using 144 hour visa free transit scheme. You will present your tickets and especially an e-confirmation for the train that will take you from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. After that you will be allowed to board the plane. You will almost certainly receive an arrival/departure yellow form on board of the plane and after you land, you will look after the counter with 144 hour TWOV sign. There you will fill out another, blue form that is important for your visa free transit scheme. After that, you will present the form an an e-confirmation. After a short time, you will receive a sticker in your passport and you will be allowed to exit the airport. That's it.
Related Questions:
72-hour visa from Europe via HK
Asked by Claudio from Netherlands
| Oct. 16, 2018 20:43
2x 72 hour transit allowed?
Asked by Mark from NL
| Feb. 13, 2016 19:19
china visa free
Asked by olivia from China
| Apr. 04, 2018 04:03
Hi my itinerary is Ams, HK, Shanghai, HK, Amsterdam. Is this ok for the 144...
Asked by John from Netherlands
| Oct. 26, 2017 20:52
From Schengen to Schengen via PEK
Asked by Daniel from Netherlands
| May. 01, 2015 22:04
Can i Use a 144 Hours free transit permit?
Asked by Marc from Netherlands
| Feb. 27, 2018 07:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)