Asked by Bayanda from South Africa | Jul. 12, 2019 04:39
About:China Visa Application Requirements

Surname error on degree certificate

Hi guys, i was wondering if someone can help me with thoughts on this matter. my surname on my Degree certificate is spelt as "Ne cawe" instead of "Necawe. i noticed this but did not think it would be a problem. i went to the Chinese consulate to authenticate but they advised i should 1. ask my school to write a letter acknowledging the error & will fix it. or otherwise wait for the reprint and start with authenticating in my country. inwhich i dread. they also asked me to write a letter stating that i will be responsible if anything were to happen.

by the time i leave for China i would have received the correct certificate. the consulate has handed me back my documents.

is this a risk?

Answers (2)
Answered by Peter from USA | Jul. 14, 2019 19:01
Bayanda, as I know, it would be fine. You can contact with Chinese Embassy or Consulate for further confirmation.
Answered by Bayanda from South Africa | Jul. 15, 2019 02:14
Thank you for replying.
Related Questions:
I have received my Chinese visa but my surname is incorrectly spelt on my v...
Asked by Mr.Keith Wales from Australia
| Apr. 20, 2010 02:56
Would it be wise to grab the new job offer for next year 2013?
Asked by donster from Philippines
| Dec. 23, 2012 21:32
Notarization for a degree certificate
Asked by Julie from Philippines
| Sep. 29, 2017 20:41
Degree certificate
Asked by Chek from United Kingdom
| Mar. 01, 2018 01:17
is it compulsory to submit degree certificate for visa or passing marksheet...
Asked by sunil from india
| Jun. 01, 2014 04:36
Does the Foreign Expert certificate need a degree? Would many years experi...
Asked by Graeme Cook from Australia
| Mar. 07, 2017 20:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)