Asked by caroline from Scotland | Jun. 29, 2019 10:22
About:Beijing Travel

Hi, can anyone tell me if I need a visa to enter Beijing for 3 days then home to UK.

We are initially flying From UK to Tokyo with a stop In PEK to catch flight to Tokyo. Then cruise from Tokyo to South Korea, then arriving at Taijian port then to PEK for 3 days.
Its been a nightmare to get any information from the visa centre.
I would appreciate advice.
Thanks Caroline

Answers (1)
Answered by Nathan from New Zealand | Jul. 01, 2019 02:27
UK-Beijing-Tokyo: If you stay less than 24 h, then you are eligible for the 24-hour visa free transit. If more than 24h, then you are eligible for the 144-hour visa free transit. Both of the two conditions don't need a visa but only apply for a stay permit in the airport.

South Korea-Tianjin - BJ - UK: If you don't stop in other cities of mainland China, there is no problem of the 144-hour visa free transit and no visa is needed.
Related Questions:
Can I be given a 72 hours visa free stay in Beijing if I go to Hong Kong vi...
Asked by Lily from United Kingdom
| Oct. 06, 2013 02:17
SHA-PEK-HKG which visa?
Asked by Marie from UK
| Apr. 02, 2017 21:30
In transit Beijing
Asked by Carlyn from United Kingdom
| Nov. 01, 2018 19:23
Hi everyone, I am travelling in vietnam at the moment but plan to head t...
Asked by Ms.Levey from United Kingdom
| Jun. 13, 2010 03:25
Flying into Beijing for 5 days, then on to India. I know I need a regular ...
Asked by Ms.julia from canada
| Jul. 20, 2010 22:32
UK to Beijing
Asked by David from United Kingdom
| Mar. 31, 2018 12:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)