Asked by curtis leasure from USA | Dec. 11, 2018 16:57
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

What is the 144 hour visa for select cities?

I am arriving in Shanghai (PVG) on April 28 at 17:50 from the United States. My return flight back is from Shanghai at 20:40 on May 05. I am planning on flying to Tokyo from 10:30 on May 1 and returning may 5 at 12:00. Do I need to apply for entry permit or should I be able to explore Shanghai with the temporary visa?

Answers (3)
Answered by Solomon from France | Dec. 11, 2018 18:32
You can use the 144h twov in Shanghai in both ways. No visa will be required and you can explore the city during the layover.
Answered by curtis leasure from USA | Dec. 12, 2018 14:34
That's great! So I assume I just need proof of the connecting flight itinerary and meet the passport requirements and that is all, correct? Do I need to apply in advance of getting to Shanghai or do we take care of that at the airport when we land? Thanks for the quick helped me a great deal.
Answered by Solomon | Dec. 12, 2018 16:59
You are correct. You need to inform the airlines that you want to use the free transit in Shanghai when you board the plane in USA.
Related Questions:
What does the 144 hour permit cost?
Asked by Vlad W from Denmark
| Oct. 07, 2018 19:06
Hello my name is Richard, question about the 144 hour free transit
Asked by Richard Rodriguez from United States
| May. 13, 2016 21:54
144 hour holder can fly to tianjin?
Asked by Isan from Australia
| Nov. 08, 2017 23:54
What if a traveler wants to visit both Beijing and Shanghai during this 144...
Asked by Chris Chula from United States of America
| Jan. 19, 2018 21:58
What if I plan a return trip that is under the 144 hour twov policy?
Asked by Zoltan David from Australia
| Oct. 23, 2018 19:28
exemptions. What is required for exemptions paperwork-wise?
Asked by John from USA
| Aug. 14, 2018 06:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)