Asked by Wayne from United Kingdom | Oct. 28, 2018 00:58
About:Kashgar Travel

Special travel permits needed from Kashgar to Dunhuang via the South Route Silk Road?


I would like to travel from Kashgar to Dunhuang in Gansu province along the south route of the Silk Road, the G315 national road, and specifically by long distance buses only. This route will take me briefly into northwest Qinghai before turning north into Gansu and towards Dunhuang.

I know that this route passes through some towns such as Hotan/Hetian, Qiemo/Qarqan, and many other smaller towns in southern Xinjiang.

My question is that since I am a foreigner with a British passport, will I need any special travel documents beyond my visa in order to travel through any of the towns along the way?

Thank you so much!

Answers (1)
Answered by Quent from France | Oct. 30, 2018 01:26
You don't need any special travel documents and just take care of your passport and Chinese visa. And some places are not allowed foreigners into, including Baibaha and Khunjerab Pass.
Related Questions:
Is this a good time and safe to Silk Road in the 2nd week April?
Asked by Ms.Bobo from Singapore
| Mar. 06, 2011 20:02
any one dose know, - How to go Guangzhou from Dunhuang by train or... oth...
Asked by Mr.ming from Thailand
| Feb. 10, 2011 00:54
What is the cheapest way to travel from Xian via Silk Road to Urumqi?
Asked by Mr.Wu from USA
| Feb. 22, 2010 02:07
Is it true that silk route is developing political significance in south Ea...
Asked by arup ganguly from India
| Jan. 26, 2015 01:21
how far is chang'an to dunhuang?
Asked by maria from Italy
| Mar. 18, 2014 01:08
the route of the silk road
Asked by An from US
| Feb. 08, 2015 21:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)