Asked by Stefan Schmoll from Austria | Oct. 21, 2018 04:04
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

EU > Shanghai > Thailand > Hongkong> EU

I'm a EU Citizen planing to go to Thailand with a one day stopover in Shanghai. I will stay in Thailand for 2 weeks and than heading back to Europe with a 2 day stopover in Hongkong.

Actually it looks like that i'm allowed to get the 72h twov in China for my stopover in Shanghai - but i have some questions:

#1 What document do i need to show at the 72h twov desk that confirms my flight to Thailand? Just a booking confirmation print out with my name?

#2 I read that I also need to show entry permit of the country I will continue my travel. As a EU citizen I don't need a visa for a stay less than 30 days in Thailand. So i will not be able to show a visa at the Shanghai migration desk. Do you see a problem of not getting a 72h twov for China than?

#3 Does my 2 day stopover in Hongkong (on my way back home) has any influence on the 72h twov i would like to get in Shanghai?

Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from Honduras | Oct. 22, 2018 00:44
Documents for Application: Passport valid for at least 3 months from the date of entry
Procedure: Inform the airlines when boarding – Fill an Arrival/Departure Card on the flight - Apply the free transit – Claim the luggage – Go through the custom - Leave airport.
You will be fine if you don't have visa for Thailand. Your stopover in HK will not affect that.
Related Questions:
Do I get L visa at the Hongkong Airport for Xiamen? I am EU Citizen. Thanks...
Asked by Mike from Germany
| Dec. 25, 2011 00:44
how to arrange visa from thailand or hongkong
Asked by gerard johan from Netherlands
| May. 04, 2015 01:09
Visa free? Traveling from Hong Kong-Shanghai-London with 20 hours layover i...
Asked by milan17 from United Kingdom
| Jun. 13, 2016 03:33
EU citizen without Thai residence proof travelling to China.
Asked by Gery Emonds from Belgium
| Mar. 28, 2014 00:52
I saw some answers that German and other EU citizens can apply for Chinese ...
Asked by Mr.Matjaž from Slovenia
| Feb. 26, 2011 20:40
I will stay in Thailand in March. I am from EU (Slovenia). Can i get visa f...
Asked by Mr.Matjaz from Slovenia
| Feb. 24, 2011 21:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)