Asked by nataliemarie from United Kingdom | Aug. 13, 2018 17:18
About:China Visa

work permit and residents permit transfer questions

I am thinking about leaving my current job and transferring to a new company. I will sign the new contract before handing in my notice at my current company, but I'd like to know how long I have to submit the documents to apply for a transfer. I understand that if I don't transfer quickly enough, I will have to apply for a whole new visa rather than simply transfer.

My resident's permit will also still be valid until Jan next year, will this need to be cancelled and a new one applied for with my work permit or can I keep it and just reapply when it expires? If I can keep it, will I be able to travel in and out of China during my work permit transfer or is it not permitted to travel with just the residents permit and no work permit?

For the visa transfer, will my old health check (a year old) and authenticated degree certificate (authenticated a year ago) still be valid or should I look at getting them redone ahead of the transfer application?

Many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Evan from UK | Aug. 13, 2018 19:10
As I know, you should first cancel your alien work permit that you hold now, and then your new employer can get the FEC for you. Next, try to apply for a new work Z type and renew the residence permit at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. You can use the old authenticated degree certificate, but you need new health check for that. You are advised to go to the local PSB for detailed information.
Related Questions:
z visa transfer details
Asked by venky from india
| Oct. 10, 2016 22:01
I am currently employed by Taiwan company. The company needs to transfer me...
Asked by Ms.Ho from Malaysia
| Jul. 03, 2010 01:17
l lost my passport with a visa need a visa transfer
Asked by Caroline from South Africa
| Feb. 13, 2017 19:17
Minimum qualifications needed for a work visa
Asked by Ann from South Africa
| Nov. 13, 2011 02:36
residence permit will expire this coming October 20, 2015.. can have extens...
Asked by Antonio from Philippines
| Oct. 14, 2015 03:45
Hi, I am a brazilian with a work permit in Canada. I want to go to China, ...
Asked by Mr.Tal from Brazil
| Oct. 08, 2009 02:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)