Asked by Sue from Canada | Jul. 16, 2018 18:33
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Canadian. Do i Need a visa?

Canadian passport holder! arriving oct 5th Beijing! taking a cruise From Tianjian port.oct 7th!.cruise from China to Singapore.

Answers (1)
Answered by Rob from Australia | Jul. 16, 2018 21:51
Hi Sue

Unless you have been refused a visa in the past or have stamps in passport from restricted countries, you will be entitled to apply for 144 hr TWOV at Beijing airport. Under the new rules for the 144 hr exemption, you are able to leave from Tianjin.The old 72 hr exemption only allowed entry and exit via airport.
To apply at Beijing airport you will need to show proof of where you are staying and proof of your cruise booking (Setsail pass and copy of cruise itinerary)
Please note you can only travel in the Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei regions. You cannot do a day trip to Xian or Shanghai for example.
Also, to gain exemption, please ensure your flight into Beijing does not transit through any Japanese Airport. This is because your first country after leaving Beijing is Japan (Okinawa) and therefore you are not in transit, as they will classify you as Japan - China - Japan.

Enjoy your cruise, see you onboard, 3rd cruise on Ovation.
Related Questions:
as a canadian do i need a tourist visa
Asked by ronald miller from Canada
| Feb. 15, 2015 01:15
hi I'm canadian do I need a viza for guanzgou
Asked by nabih from Canada
| Nov. 20, 2014 20:12
I will travel from sri lanka to Vancouver via shanghai. 17 hrs transit.
Asked by shawn from Canada
| Sep. 22, 2016 22:42
I am canadian citizen want to visit HONG KONG .Do I need a Visa? Paul...
Asked by PAUL
| Apr. 06, 2013 20:59
I am canadian want to visit Hong Kong . Do I need a visa.
Asked by Angie from Canada
| Jun. 23, 2013 02:40
I have a Canadian travel document,do i need visa to travel to Macau?
Asked by ricky from Canada
| Feb. 05, 2014 01:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)