Asked by Jane from Canada | Jul. 02, 2018 03:52
About:China Consulate in Vancouver

Do I need to apply for a Chinese visa, a Chinese travel document or none of the above?

I am a Canadian, born in HongKong, holding a SAR passport, HK id card, Mainland Travel Permit for HK & Macao Residents. I am travelling in and out of Xiamen in Oct 2018 with an over 72 hours stay in Xiamen at the end. Do I need to apply for a Chinese Visa or a Chinese Travel Document or none of the above?

Answers (2)
Answered by Floy from UK | Jul. 02, 2018 22:45
You don't need to provide them. You can enter mainland China by bring your passport and Mainland Travel Permit for HK & Macao Residents. Don't worry.
Answered by Jane from Canada | Jul. 03, 2018 04:14
Thanks Floy. But my travel agent said I need to apply for a visa. I did exactly what you said before, and I was lucky to go through. I was asked for my passport when I exit China using the Mainland Travel Permit. There is a guy encountered the same and the officer told him it was not legal but let him through.

I search google and found out that even if I apply for a visa, I would not get it because I was born in Hong Kong (effective 20160202). However, I could not find this new rule anywhere in the official China Consulate site.
Related Questions:
I have Visa of China,Do I need to apply for entry permit to travel to Macau...
Asked by Manisha from Nepal
| Sep. 29, 2016 22:04
Is it possible to get a visa for Tibet in Kathmandu?
Asked by Andrés from Argentina
| Mar. 19, 2013 22:39
Hi i am a Philippine passport holder, currently working in the Maldives,
Asked by Dolly from Maldives
| Feb. 04, 2018 21:43
I want to visit China for maximum 3 days. I am Australian citizen.
Asked by Abul hashim from Australia
| Jan. 04, 2017 21:10
In entering Xiamen, do i need to apply a VISA?
Asked by Gab from Philippines
| Sep. 24, 2012 02:07
Visa requirments
Asked by Andy from Scotland
| Mar. 02, 2012 21:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)