Asked by AC from USA | May. 04, 2018 00:21
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Father-in-law is a USA citizen currently in China on a Q2 type.

How does he request the Visa be changed to a Q1?

Also, I am a little confused as your statement about Q1 is issued with single entry, but when you apply and received Temporary Residence Permit, one is free to exit and enter during valid period of temporary resident permit. Can you clarify on this one?

Answers (1)
Answered by Bernard from Italy | May. 04, 2018 01:43
If you want to change the Q2 into a Q1 type in mainland China, first, prepare the required documents include his passport, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter from the inviter and copy of the inviter's Chinese ID card, as well as your relation certificate, and other documents the consular officers consider necessary. Then, submit the application to the local PSB to apply for the extension. The Q1 type usually has single entry, after getting the Q1 type, then your father-in-law can get a Chinese residence permit which allows him to exit and enter for multiple times within its validity.
Related Questions:
I have a Q2 visa currently in china but a company offered me a job...
Asked by Sean from Usa
| Sep. 15, 2014 22:35
Should I get an L visa or a Q2?
Asked by John from USA
| Aug. 11, 2014 21:21
Business/Investment Partner
Asked by Lucynda from China
| Oct. 16, 2015 00:51
Travel outside of China when holding the Q2 Visa
Asked by mooserelli from USA
| Mar. 31, 2016 03:59
Can a Guyanese national apply for a VISA at the Chinese Embassy in the USA?...
Asked by Abby from United States
| Feb. 04, 2017 20:50
Q2 visa and employment visa
Asked by Amy Ko from Princeton
| Apr. 25, 2018 01:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)