Asked by Rachel from South Africa | May. 01, 2018 20:53
About:China Consulates in South Africa

South African wanting to work in China

I have recently been offered a job in Xiamen, China and I am trying to figure out the best way forward with my application. I can’t apply for a work Z without getting a work permit first. However, to get my work permit I have to be in China. This means I will have to fly to China on a business or tourist L (both only 29 day stay) to sort out my work permit, return to SA after 29 days to apply for my work visa, and then finally return to China. This will be very expensive for my company. Is there any other option that will allow me to stay in China & not need to return once I have sorted out my work permit there? Or is it perhaps possible for me to apply for my work entry permit in Hong Kong instead of having to return to SA after 29 days of business/tourist M/L is up?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lara from USA | May. 02, 2018 21:00
Rachel, you can ask your company to apply for the work permit and then send it to you. Then, you can apply for the work Z type from your home country. If you have to sort out the work permit in mainland China in person, you can try to change your business or tourist L type into a work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China. If it can succeed, you don’t need to go back to your home country or go to HK for that.
Related Questions:
How much is work visa for south African passport holder
Asked by Oupa from South Africa
| Sep. 19, 2018 19:39
4 year study visa
Asked by Mary from Zimbabwe
| Apr. 04, 2017 21:31
How much can I expect to pay in South African Rands for my visa?
Asked by Alexandra Norris-Jones from South Africa
| Mar. 24, 2017 20:35
i hold a south african passport, can i get a visa which allows me to work i...
Asked by Mr.paul from sa
| Jun. 11, 2009 21:05
Zimbabwe visa requirements
Asked by Mabutho Ngwenya from Zimbabwe
| Jul. 26, 2016 22:34
Does the South African embassy in Shanghai certify documents for South Afri...
Asked by Mr.Chandresh from South Africa
| May. 15, 2009 04:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)