Asked by Chris from US | Mar. 27, 2018 16:46
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

German citizen living in US being a US resident with green card

I am a German citizen with valid German passport that has been living in the US since 1994 as a legal resident . I am married to a US citizen .
I wish to travel to China this year to visit my daughter that teaches English in China . What are the requirements for me to apply for a visa and how long is the visa good for .

Answers (1)
Answered by Daine from France | Mar. 27, 2018 22:16
Hi, if you will visit your daughter in China for a short time, you can apply for a tourist L type for that. You need to provide a filled-out application form affixed with a passport-style photo, your passport and its photocopy, residence permit in USA, round trip air tickets and hotel reservation or an invitation letter from your daughter.
Usually, the duration of stay for L type is 30 days. Sometimes, you may be given 60 days or 90 days. The consular officers will give you proper duration of stay based on your travel itinerary.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa to travel to Macau for the day from Hong Kong?
Asked by Jim from Handley
| Feb. 27, 2014 01:49
US green card permanent resident
Asked by Nixon from USA
| Jul. 02, 2017 20:56
I immigrated to US 15 years ago from China and now want to moving back to C...
Asked by Karena from USA
| Sep. 29, 2014 20:36
do I need visa to travel to China and stay for 10 days?
Asked by mhimi from Philippines
| May. 19, 2015 20:16
I am a Canadian Citizen, living in New York (with a US Green Card). Can I a...
Asked by IH from USA
| Mar. 29, 2017 01:01
Permanent Resident Alien in US/German Citizen in Oregon needs Visa
Asked by Zoltan from USA
| Sep. 07, 2012 01:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)