Asked by Inter ested from Ireland | Jan. 20, 2018 03:16
About:China Embasy in Ireland

Not married & visiting China with my teenage daughter

2018: I am visiting China with my teenage daughter. We are both Irish and have the same last name. I’m not married to her mother. Do I need her mother’s permission to apply for my daughters visa and travel to China with my daughter?

Answers (2)
Answered by Davis from Australia | Jan. 22, 2018 00:40
If you have the full custody of your daughter, the consent letter from her mother will not be needed.
Answered by Inter ested from Ireland | Jan. 22, 2018 03:20
to Davis, Australia:
Thank you for your reply. I am listed in the child’s birth certificate. I am single and was never married to her mother, so I presume I do not have what you called “custody”. However, the two of us have travelled abroad on holidays at least 12/15 times to USA, France, Italy and Morocco and I’ve never been asked to get a Letter of Consent and it is probably because we both have the same Surname and it’s father/daughter. I just want to be absolutely certain.
Related Questions:
Can my Australian daughter & Australian son-in-law get married in China?
Asked by June from Australia
| Aug. 27, 2013 03:34
My question is that I would like to make a Chinese passport for my daughter...
Asked by Inosi Rokotavo from Fiji islands
| Dec. 26, 2014 20:33
Entry and Exit for Teenager Tourists
Asked by Raine from Singapore
| Aug. 07, 2017 00:53
visiting peking end of nov, what's the temparature and clothing for my 8 ye...
Asked by cll from Malaysia
| Jul. 29, 2011 03:14
Teenager wondering about short skirts and shorts in extream heat
Asked by Freya from England
| Jul. 06, 2015 03:25
Visa Multiples Entries for 2 years
Asked by KONG KOON SOONG from Malaysia
| Jul. 12, 2018 18:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)