Asked by Susi from Canada | Dec. 28, 2017 15:56

Vancouver - Taipei - Hong Kong - Shanghai - Vancouver

Hi, my family and I (2 adults + 12 yo child) are going to have a tour as above in June. The schedule will be,

YVR - TPE : June 9 (4N in Taipei)
TPE - HKG : June 13 (5N in Hong Kong)
HKG - PVG : June 18 (4N in Shanghai)
PVG - YVR : June 22

Understand from the consular websites of these 3 countries,
- Taiwan - seems we should apply Taiwan visa thru' local travel agent here.
- Hong Kong - visa is not required for tourists to 180 days; it's granted according to nationality.
- Shanghai ROC - we also need to ask the local agents for our visa.

Since we book our tickets & hotel online, is there any simpler way to apply our visa to Shanghai, i.e. thru' official formal visa consular or online application, rather than asking us to go to the travel agent. The agent will charge us for their administration service. Or maybe we are eligible for "144th visa free" as well. If so, how could we get the confirmation about it?

Thank you so much for your attention.

Answers (1)
Answered by Brace from New Zealand | Dec. 28, 2017 21:16
You can enjoy a 144h visa free transit in Shanghai, just tell the airline when boarding. So no visa is needed and have fun!
Related Questions:
Usa passport holder. Will i qualify for 144hrs in shanghai?
Asked by Jd from USA
| Oct. 10, 2017 20:43
HongKong to Shanghai to Vancouver
Asked by Peter from Canada
| Feb. 25, 2014 20:53
Shanghai to HK, HK to Taipei, Taipei to HK
Asked by Diana from Canada
| Nov. 01, 2016 02:24
Vancouver to Shanghai and Hong Kong
Asked by Holly from Canada
| Jan. 23, 2018 23:42
Vancouver-Hong Kong-Chengdu-Taipei-Vancouver: do I need Visa for 72 hours s...
Asked by JMed from USA
| Nov. 14, 2017 00:12
Flying into Hong Kong
Asked by Michael from Canada
| Jun. 23, 2018 15:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)