Asked by Chelsey Withers from United Kingdom | Dec. 03, 2017 10:30
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Converting an Q1 to a X1 visa

Hi there. I am currently living in the UK and I am hoping to study at university in China next September, however I need to go to China before September and I know that the university will not give me the papers for the student X until a month before the start date. I understand the complications with trying to convert a tourist L with a student x1, as the latter is a residency permit so a different thing, however it seems that converting from a Q1 to an X1 type could be easier. Do you know if this is possible? I am trying to avoid coming back to UK and pay for a second application a few months after going there, but I would hate to have to be in UK until August and be separated from my Chinese family member for so long.

Answers (1)
Answered by Karen from United Kingdom | Dec. 04, 2017 01:53
Hi, it is possible to convert from a Q1 to an X1 type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. You can try to do that. If it can be done, there is no need to go back to your home country for that.
Related Questions:
hello sir /mam i wna make z- visa im presently holding x-visa as im studyin...
Asked by jhon from China
| May. 28, 2011 03:19
Is it possible change q1 type to business M type while staying in china ...
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Feb. 01, 2018 21:07
Is it possible to work on a Q1 visa?
Asked by Stephen from USA
| Jan. 05, 2015 18:50
How much are charges of Q1 visa
Asked by Rizwan from India
| Aug. 10, 2016 22:07
Can I change to X1 visa on a stay visa
Asked by Emmanuel from Ghana
| Mar. 27, 2018 20:05
Can I change x1 visa to x2
Asked by Mary
| Apr. 17, 2018 04:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)