Asked by Christine from Philippines | Nov. 28, 2017 12:04
About:China Transit Visa

20 hrs Layover in Shanghai

My husband and I are coming back home to the Philippines this December and our flight going back to the Philippines has 20 hrs layover in Shanghai and our return flight has 9 hrs layover in Shanghai as well. Since we have time, I want to travel some parts of Shanghai near the airport. My main concern is I am just a permanent resident of USA, I’m not sure if I need to secure a transit visa if our stay in Shanghai is less than 24 hrs. I don’t worry about my husband since he is already a US Citizen, I know he can go out of the airport without a need of any visa.

Answers (1)
Answered by Hassan from France | Nov. 28, 2017 20:01
Hi, if you have Philippines passport, you are eligible for the 24 hour TWOV in Shanghai in both ways. No visa is needed. You should apply for a free temporary stay permit inside the immigration office when you arrive at the airport, then you can travel some parts of Shanghai near the airport. Nice trip.
Related Questions:
Do i need Transit Visa? I am PR holder in Canada & citizen of Nepal.
Asked by Bishnu from canada
| Sep. 11, 2016 22:13
Asked by Veronica S.G. from Canada
| Oct. 07, 2018 18:17
does anyone knows if there still provide luggage storage in Pudong airport...
Asked by leah mehta from USA
| Aug. 20, 2018 23:51
Do I need transit visa or something since I got this layover?
Asked by Dess from Philippines
| Sep. 04, 2015 22:21
American passenger from San Francisco to Sydney with 6 hrs stop in Shanghai...
Asked by Octav Geormaneanu from USA
| Jan. 24, 2018 00:30
Hi.. I m reaching at PVG pudong at 20 hrs on date 28 Jan 2016. Hw can I go ...
Asked by Rahul from India
| Nov. 11, 2015 20:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)