Asked by Wanda from USA | Nov. 02, 2017 16:36
About:China Visa Application in USA

If trip begins mid January should I wait to get it? Is there a Chinese Embassy in Maryland?

Does a three month visa to China begin when issued or when the trip begins? I am booking a trip leaving from New York mid January. I want all my papers in order, prior to the trip. Should I wait until December to get the visa or can I get it and it becomes effective when I leave?

Answers (1)
Answered by Richard from USA | Nov. 02, 2017 21:13
Hi, Wanda, one can make the application 3 months prior to his/her trip, but usually, one is advised to apply one month prior to the trip. So you can submit the application in December, and you can do that from the China embassy in Washington,D.C.
Related Questions:
What is the first date of harbin ice and snow festival?
Asked by Ash from United Kingdom
| Nov. 15, 2013 03:06
Hi, what's the weather end of January? Is it worth to go or should I wait?
Asked by Chi from Australia
| Nov. 08, 2015 23:54
I am thinking about taking a trip to Harbin during the last week of January...
Asked by Ms.Annie from USA
| Dec. 20, 2010 20:16
My sister has a X1 visa and I would like to go visit her plus travel around...
Asked by Maria from England
| Oct. 30, 2015 02:35
When I arrive in Beijing, can I wait 2 - 3 hours before applying for 72 hr ...
Asked by Beth
| Sep. 03, 2014 21:11
Current wait time in San Fran?
Asked by Isabella from United States
| Jul. 08, 2014 21:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)