Asked by Sebastien from UK | Oct. 23, 2017 10:19
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Outgoing flight with connection in China

If I arrive in Beijing and my outgoing ticket from PEK (to a third country) has a connection in another Chinese city (e.g. Shenzhen or Hangzhou), am I eligible for 72 hour transit without visa?
If I am limited to 24 hours, does my departure from PEK have to be within 24 hours, or is it the connecting flight that has to be schedule to leave within 24 hours of my arrival in PEK?
many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Oct. 23, 2017 20:42
1) An additional stop is definitely a no-no for 72-hour transit. Whether you qualify for 24-hour transit depends on your next connection point: for Shenzhen, you would require a visa no matter what, while for Hangzhou you will get 24 hours.
2) Your scheduled departure from the exit point in China must be within 24 hours, not your outbound flight from Beijing. Leaving Beijing is not the same as leaving China.
Related Questions:
Is there any flight connection between Xian and Kaifeng?
Asked by S K Ting from Malaysia
| Apr. 29, 2014 21:40
Will my connection in Beijing to Phuket require a terminal change?
Asked by Kanerva from USA
| Jan. 10, 2016 01:21
I am flying New Delhi to Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, with China Southern.
Asked by Parmod Kumar Gupta from India
| Apr. 13, 2017 03:36
do you pay for both incoming and outgoing calls on cell phones in macau?
Asked by Julia
| Jul. 26, 2014 03:42
What are the outgoing rates of China Telecom SIM Cards in Beijing, Guangdon...
Asked by Maimun from Bangladesh
| Nov. 24, 2012 20:31
I arrive in Beijing from Chicago at 4:25 pm and leave on Air China at 5:50 ...
Asked by Judy from USA
| Jan. 25, 2018 21:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)