Asked by Mark from Australia | Oct. 02, 2017 00:47
About:Marriage Registration in China

Australian marrying a Chinese in China

Hi; I am Australian, my girlfriend is Chinese. We plan to get married in China (Hainan).
Do I need a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI);
Should it be issued in Australia or through an Australian consulate in China
Does the CNI need any additional legalisation (authentication, notarisation, or apostille) and
Do I also require a 'Single Status Certificate'.

In Australia, the Single Status Certificate is issued at state level, and only applies to the state in which the certificate is issued; there is no national level Single Status Certificate.

Answers (1)
Answered by Daniel from Denmark | Oct. 09, 2017 04:51
Hi, I haven't heard that the Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage is needed for getting married. But the Single Status Certificate is required, and you need to get that attested from the China embassy in Australia. Then you can use it in mainland China.
Related Questions:
Retired foreigner marrying a Chinese citizen ?
Asked by Steve from Australia
| May. 09, 2017 04:26
Is there anyway we get married without the family book?
Asked by myprop from Singapore
| May. 06, 2015 00:47
is it fairly straight forward to marry a chinese national in china and reti...
Asked by thomas gatrell from United Kingdom
| Oct. 18, 2018 19:50
Marrying a Chinese woman in Chengdu China.
Asked by John Sorensen from Australia
| Sep. 13, 2012 04:41
chinese visa for marriage purpose
Asked by jhazz from Philippines
| Oct. 31, 2012 03:40
How do you get a wedding in Canada between a Canadian and Chinese national...
Asked by Sandra Patrick from Canada
| May. 08, 2015 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)