Asked by Stephani from USA | Sep. 20, 2017 14:46

Can I use a 72 hrs transit visa for travel for Shanghai?

I will be traveling with my family from Honolulu to SH to Manila. My husband has a passport from Philippines with a US Permanent Alien card and me and our children family are US Citizens. Can I use the 72 hrs transit visa for the whole family or do I have to get a regular visa for all of us. I'm not really sure what to do since this is our 1st trip to China. Also how do I apply for visa as I don't live in LA as well?

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from Canada | Sep. 25, 2017 01:38
U and your kids are eligible for 72h visa free transit, but your husband has to hold a visa. He can apply for that in the China embassy or consulate in US. He needs to fill in an application form and forward some paper works; also the US Permanent Alien card will make the application success.
Related Questions:
I am travelling with a United States Travel Document, can I use the 72 hrs ...
Asked by Soua from United States
| Sep. 26, 2014 04:56
Cruise disembark at shanghai, does the 72 hrs visa works?
Asked by Pat from Canada
| Dec. 22, 2015 21:17
Travel from Tokio to Beijing than to Hong Kong than to Shanghai than to Mad...
Asked by Antonio Panariello from Italy
| Oct. 09, 2017 22:18
i am a us citizen. can I travel to Shanghai and stay for 72 hrs, without a ...
Asked by larry willian wachendorf from United States
| Jun. 18, 2015 22:46
Travelling from London to Taipei via Chengdu and return. Can I use the 72 h...
Asked by John Bartram from UK
| Feb. 24, 2016 21:51
Travel from Bangkok to Shang Hai for 3 days and then Shang Hai to Germany
Asked by Suzanne from Germany
| Sep. 13, 2018 02:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)