Asked by Pushkar from New Zealand | Sep. 11, 2017 01:15
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Registration on NZ passport

Hello....we will be travelling on NZ passport from Hong Kong to Chengdu and then to Singapore. Would like to use the 72 hours free transit but it says here that if we are staying for more than 24 hrs, we need to register at the local police station. If staying in a hotel, they can do it but if we use AirBnb, do we have have to find a police station and register within 24 hours ? Has someone done this before and is it easy ? Also does anyone know if Leshan is part of Chengdu and can we travel there on transit visa ?

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Sep. 11, 2017 16:48
Normally the AirB&B host can do it without having to make the trip to the local police station. Travelling to Leshan is not legally permitted as you are only authorized to remain in Chengdu city boundary.
Related Questions:
Would like to visit family in Wuxi within the 72 hours limit. Do I need a C...
Asked by Flora Goody from New Zealand
| Aug. 10, 2015 19:59
Can a UK passport holder visiting NZ holder obtain a visa to visit China wh...
Asked by L Slee from NZ
| Mar. 30, 2015 02:11
144 Hour Visa
Asked by C from New Zealand
| Jan. 05, 2017 18:45
Can i use the 144 free visa if i go from NZ to Shanghai and bk on a nz pass...
Asked by Curious Flyer from New Zealand
| Jan. 23, 2017 19:59
NZ passport holder flying Netherlands/Beijing/NZ how long visa free stay in...
Asked by W West from NewZealand
| Jan. 18, 2018 03:47
Transit at Guangzhou and Beijing
Asked by ann from nz
| May. 15, 2012 23:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)