Asked by tef | Sep. 09, 2017 12:18
About:China Family Reunion Visa

change from L type to residence permit after marriage in China

hi there,
I am currently on a L type and will soon marry my chinese gf in China.

my questions are:
can I just change my L visa into a residence permit at the local PSB?
or do I have to go out of China and first get a Q type which I can then change into a residence permit?
and if I have to out, can I just go to HK or do I need to go to my home country (Germany)?

thanks in advance

Answers (1)
Answered by Flora from India | Sep. 10, 2017 21:44
Tef, you can try to change the L type to a Q1 type at the local PSB and then apply for a residence permit.
Related Questions:
If I go to china by L visa can I change it in china or have a residence per...
Asked by dorna from Iran
| Mar. 15, 2017 22:32
Job offer in china and I want to bring my wife
Asked by Alexander from USAG
| Sep. 13, 2017 21:30
hi im from india i have Gf in china i am student in one of the chinese un...
Mr.SAN2054 from India
| Oct. 29, 2010 02:43
Hi, we're a same sex married couple and my husband got job
Asked by Leon Franco from Philippines
| Jan. 12, 2018 00:31
Hi, I obtained my masters degree in china on a X visa (study ),
Asked by melvin from China
| Jan. 10, 2018 00:12
Hi, Could you please tell what kinds of visas will give me the rights to st...
Asked by Amily from UK
| Dec. 17, 2014 01:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)