Asked by Alejandra Malo from USA | Sep. 04, 2017 15:54
About:China Visa Application in USA

Traveling with my husband and two children to Japan. Flight has a long lay over on Shanghai

We are us citizen traveling to japan as turist for 9 days. My husband children (1.5 years old and 3.5 years old) and me.
Both layovers are in Shanghai for 17 hours. Going to Japan and return to USA.
Do we need to process the visa $140 for each of us?
Also! We would like to get out of the airport for dinner and hotel in Shanghai!!

Answers (1)
Answered by Stephen from USA | Sep. 04, 2017 21:48
Alejandra, if you travel like USA-Shanghai (144 hours)-Japan-Shanghai (144 hours)-USA, you will be eligible for the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai each time. No visa will be required if you want to get out of the airport. You need to inform the airline in advance that you want to use the free transit in Shanghai, and show the tickets and passports at the immigration counter upon arrival. Nice trip!
Related Questions:
travel with children, what document and how long it's going to take to get ...
Asked by ken from Malaysia
| Nov. 28, 2013 03:05
Visa free-transit in Canton?
Asked by Joline from Netherlands
| Jul. 08, 2018 20:27
Alright so I work at Japan, but technically my passport is with the USA.
Asked by Stef’an from USA
| Nov. 10, 2017 11:00
Hi Do i need a transit visa?
Asked by Kent from Philippines
| Sep. 13, 2018 20:55
What is the best and cheapest way to go to Silka West Kowloon Hotel from Ho...
Asked by RJ from Philippines
| Oct. 31, 2016 02:51
Any additional document to provide when traveling with children?
Asked by Morgan from France
| Aug. 19, 2018 22:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)