Asked by Marie de Guzman from Philippines | Aug. 26, 2017 06:16
About:24-Hour Direct Transit
Philippine passport with UAE RESIDENCY

Hi I'm a Filipino nationality, but currently living in Dubai (UAE residency holder) I will travel to Philippines this december, i got this cheap flight ticket from china southern airline with 24 hours layover in guangzhou.. my question is can I have the 24hour towv or I need to get other entry permit? I want to go out of the airport for a while to see china 😊

Thanks and regards,

marie de Guzman

Answers (4)
Answered by Thomas from USA | Aug. 28, 2017 03:28
Marie, you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit in Guangzhou, and you need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the immigration office when you arrive at the airport, then you can leave there to explore the city.
Answered by Marie de Guzman from Philippines | Sep. 13, 2017 16:34
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer.. so I don't need to apply for an entry permit in china embassy here in Dubai before I leave? Because I don't want to take a risk of getting this long layover flights if i can't explore guangzhou for a day 😊

Answered by James from USA | Sep. 13, 2017 20:22
There is a new policy which prohibits passengers transiting in Guangzhou to leave the sterile transit zone if their transit time is under 24 hours. You don't need to apply for a visa in advance if you only remain in the sterile transit area. You can call the Guangzhou airport to confirm this. TEL: 020-36066999
Answered by Marie from Philippines | Oct. 21, 2017 13:44
Thank you James for the information 😊
Related Questions:
Visiting Hong Kong for more than 14 days, what kind of visa do I need and w...
Asked by Tariq from UAE
| May. 27, 2015 02:08
philippine passport. I have resident permit in uae, from uae what visa shou...
Asked by veronica from Philippines
| May. 30, 2016 22:43
My wife has spainsh residency and a philippine passport can she stay in Hon...
Asked by Tom from Spain
| May. 06, 2014 21:47
I am a Filipino that has a Philippine Passport and Italian Passport. But i...
Asked by Mrs.randdy from China
| Feb. 09, 2010 04:42
hi! i'm a filipina with philippine passport but currently just moved to uk....
Asked by Ms.anne from United Kingdom
| Jul. 04, 2010 23:15
My son will be flying to Philippines via Hong Kong. Does he need Transit Vi...
Asked by Jo
| May. 27, 2012 00:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)