Asked by Vicki Marshall from United Kingdom | Jun. 26, 2017 10:56
About:China Private Visit Visa

Boyfriend moving to China on a Z visa. Can I go and live with him on an S1?

My boyfriend has been given a job in Beijing as a teacher and will move on 6th August on a Z type. Can I, as a girlfriend, get an S1 type so that I can live with him there? I am working on my TEFL qualification at the moment and plan on looking for a job teaching in China as soon as I can, but know I will need to go to HK and apply for a Z type once I get a job offer and not work on the S1 type. Do I need to wait for him to be in China before I can go over on an S1 type? Or can I arrange this and travel out with him?Many thanks in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Karen from USA | Jun. 26, 2017 21:40
Vicki, I'm afraid you cannot apply for the S1 type because you are not married. You can apply for an L type to visit China, and then you can try to convert your current visa into a work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China after you find a job. If it can be done, you don't need to go to HK for that.
Related Questions:
My husband is on a Z visa with a 1-year contract. Can I get a S1 type to st...
Asked by Mel from Australia
| Aug. 25, 2015 22:45
Does a S1 visa allow multiple entries into China?
Asked by RMB from USA
| Feb. 03, 2015 20:46
Changing Visas
Asked by Liz from USA
| Mar. 26, 2013 04:57
If we go to China on S1 type can I apply for the jobs and upon getting a jo...
Asked by Shilpa from India
| Apr. 10, 2017 21:56
Z Visa or Residence Permit
Asked by Clark from Canada
| May. 18, 2017 04:40
can i change S1 or S2 to Z in China? if i get a job in China?
Asked by George from Nigeria
| Jun. 24, 2018 20:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)