Asked by Ed from Australia | May. 26, 2017 00:41
About:China Visa

Hi,I have an Australian passport and I'll be travelling to Beijing this August

and will be returning to Australia in September, therefore require at least a single-entry visa for sure. I also want to travel to another country from Beijing. If I book a return flight to the 3rd country, can I make use of the 72 hour free transit in Beijing and leave Beijing within 3 days after coming back from the 3rd country? If so, my flight back home requires me to transit in HangZhou, but I understand that I have to leave from the airport where I get the free entry (i.e. Beijing). I'm a little bit confused as to whether I need a visa with multiple-entries or can make use of the 72 hr free transit. My flight back home would be MU711 from Beijing - Hangzhou - Sydney. Can someone help clear up the confusion for me? Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Dora from New Zealand | May. 26, 2017 04:23
If your travel route is country A-Beijing (72 hours)-country B, then you will be able to enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Beijing.
But if you travel like country A-Beijing and Hangzhou -country B, you won’t qualify for the 72 hour free transit anymore because the 72 hour policy only allows the traveler to transit in one Chinese city. Then you should apply for a double-entry visa in advance.
Related Questions:
Can i get a china visa at the embassy in Budapest?
Asked by Robert Rechtman from Australia
| Sep. 26, 2013 01:42
hii. I want to visit beijing in sept 2-sept 10. What is the season there?...
Asked by Mr.lo from Indonesia
| Aug. 11, 2010 22:17
Do we need single entry of double entry visas
Asked by Vicki Tierney from Australia
| Apr. 21, 2016 02:18
answer there any KFC or McDonald in Beijing South Railway Station?????
Asked by Mr.John from Australia
| Apr. 10, 2011 21:26
Hii I am travelling on 3rd June, 2018 to shenzhen from India. Am i eligible...
Asked by Shwetag from India
| May. 25, 2018 10:12
hii any date after 5th of july from beijing and i want to return till 5th...
Asked by Ms.parii from Pakistan
| May. 11, 2009 21:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)