Asked by Shani A Brown from United States of America | Apr. 05, 2017 00:05
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Get a job on a tourist Visa

I currently live in China on a residence visa (Z), but my contract will end soon. I want to go back to the US (home). I want to reapply again. I am thinking of coming back to CHina on a tourist L type and then having them change it to a working Z type. Is that possible? I am doing that because I am currently locked to a company now who will not give me a release letter, thus I cannot move to another job. If I leave the company I have to go back home. Furthermore, most schools require you to interview in person. I figure if I come back on a tourist visa and apply to schools, they can help me change my tourist L type to a working Z type.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alen from Portugal | Apr. 05, 2017 20:59
Shani, it is possible for you to convert the tourist L type to a work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China.
Related Questions:
can i travel to china with tourist visa, get a job , process Z type and wo...
Asked by COL from Nigeria
| Aug. 11, 2015 21:16
I am an Indian citizen.
Asked by pushkar from india
| Apr. 22, 2016 21:03
how many days will required for processing tourists visa from Nepal.
Asked by OM from Nepal
| Feb. 04, 2017 01:32
Hi I am an Indian and i am planning to search jobs at Macau,China.
Asked by RS from India
| May. 22, 2015 04:24
can i change tourist to work permit?
Asked by govinder from India
| May. 08, 2015 22:29
I'm going to China on a work visa, but what happens if I lose my job?
Asked by Rose from Australia
| Nov. 22, 2015 20:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)