Asked by Hannah Wright from United Kingdom | Mar. 09, 2017 06:54
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Minor travelling to china without parents (who are divorced)

What documents need to be provided to support a visa application for a minor (Under 18) travelling to China without their parents. I understand that we would need to provide their birthcertificate and the passports if the parents under normal circumstances. However, the parents are divorced (but both still have parental rights). Do both parents still need to submit their passports or could one parent submit their passport plus the divorce certificate and an explanation letter?

Similarly, what would the situation be where the parents are divorced and one parent is not contactable? Would a passport and a divorce certificate be acceptable?

Answers (1)
Answered by Vicky from United Kingdom | Mar. 09, 2017 20:48
Usually, both parents need to provide their passports and a consent letter.
If the situation is special as you mentioned above, you are advised to contact with China embassy to see if there is a solution to this problem.
Related Questions:
Minor - Visa query
Asked by Honey from London
| Jun. 24, 2018 22:38
Can a Chinese mother with US citizenship secure visa for minor child w/o Am...
Asked by Wen from USA
| Jun. 23, 2015 21:17
Hi, I am filipina presently in Shanghai. I would like to know how can my ch...
Asked by Ms.Anna from Shanghai
| Nov. 27, 2008 22:01
Hi! I just have a few questions regarding getting an affidavit of support ...
Asked by Ms.Zyra from Philippines
| Nov. 02, 2009 21:03
My children live n study in china with their dad
Asked by Victoria from Uganda
| Oct. 23, 2017 01:42
I have 2 questions, #1: I am under 18 and my mother lives in china, but ...
Asked by Ms.L from Canada
| Nov. 19, 2010 03:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)