Asked by Coree from USA | Feb. 17, 2017 14:54
About:China Visa Exemption

My friend is currently at the Bangkok airport

and they are telling him that he needs a visa to fly into china and they did not let him on his flight. I told him that i flew into Bejing from Bangkok and got a temporary visa so i could leave the airport and stay in a hotel. I told him this info but he said the rules changes as a month ago? does anyone have any info to help?
Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Robinson from Hungary | Feb. 17, 2017 20:41
Coree, if his travel route is Bangkok-Beijing (24 hours)-a different country rather than Thailand, he will be able to use the 24 hour direct transit in Beijing. No need to apply for a visa then. He can apply for a free temporary stay permit to leave the airport to stay at a hotel.
Related Questions:
I am a Canadian citizen currently living and working in South Korea. I am g...
Asked by Ms.Siegel from Canada
| Nov. 07, 2010 02:10
Getting L visa for british teacher living in thailand to come to beijing......
Asked by Lucy
| Jul. 12, 2012 01:38
Can my friend apply for the visa in Bangkok on my behalf? If i give them my...
Asked by Terry Murtha from United Kingdom
| Sep. 22, 2011 02:05
6 hour stay in PVG I want to meet with some friends
Asked by Chris Lee from USA
| Jan. 04, 2014 02:17
Hello, I am from the Philippines but currently holding a Z visa here in Lan...
Asked by Ms.lani from Philippines
| Nov. 27, 2010 23:00
Thai transit in Beijing from US flight ...???
Asked by James from United States
| Dec. 03, 2017 19:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)