Asked by John Malone from USA | Jan. 17, 2017 03:06
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

I am a US citizen in Taipei City. I want to make a quick trip (less than 24 hours) to Shanghai.

I am a US citizen currently in Taipei City. I want to make a quick trip (less than 24 hours) to Shanghai and then return to Taipei City. Specifically, I would like to take the morning flight from Taipei to Shanghai, attend my business meetings in Shanghai and then fly back to Taipei same day in the evening. I DO NOT HAVE CHINA VISA. Can I use the 72 hour free transit policy to make this trip to Shanghai ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Roberto from Lithuania | Jan. 18, 2017 00:49
John, no, you cannot use the free transit program if you travel like that because it’s not a transit. You can travel like Taipei-Shanghai-HK-Taipei, and then you can enjoy the 72 hour free transit.
Related Questions:
Eligilble for 72 hour visa transit?
Asked by Candice Kim from USA
| Feb. 17, 2017 16:33
Do I qualify for 144 HR free transit if i fly from Taipei to Shanghai then ...
Asked by Jen from USA
| Mar. 19, 2016 01:54
is it possible to do a roundtrip from Taipei, Taiwan to Shanghai freely
Asked by jack from USA
| Oct. 19, 2016 11:43
144 hour free transit possible from Taipei to Beijing?
Asked by Phil Glynn from U.S.A
| Apr. 27, 2018 00:53
Am I qualified for 144hrs - USA citizen, Taipei-Shanghai-USA?
Asked by Clare from USA
| Jun. 12, 2017 03:21
Will a transit visa be required, US citizen transiting less than 24hrs
Asked by Pierre Camps from United States
| Feb. 11, 2018 01:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)