Asked by Mr.AARONOLAFSON from US | Dec. 24, 2016 14:40
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

S2 renewal in China at PSB?

I'm an American working here on a residence permit for a public school. My wife will join me shortly, but her visa is only good I believe for 180 days, which is when my visa expires (June 30, 2017). Once I renew my visa before the deadline provided above, can my wife also renew within China at the local PSB? She is from Philippines if that makes any sense.
I'm aware the S2 visa doesn't allow the visa holder to leave China and re-enter or will the PSB give her multiple entry residence permit as we have a baby in her home country to visit periodically?

Aaron Olafson

Answers (1)
Answered by Mindy from Republic of Korea | Dec. 26, 2016 19:18
Aaron, yes, your wife can renew at the local PSB within China after you renew your residence permit, but I’m afraid she cannot get multiple entries within China. She can try to convert the S2 type to S1 type, and then she can get a residence permit which will allow her to enter and exit China for multiple times.
Related Questions:
S2 visa renewel
Asked by Faisal from China
| Nov. 24, 2015 03:31
can i convert s2 visa to permanent resident
Asked by Kanza Gulzar from Pakistan
| Feb. 05, 2018 21:28
Extension on an S2 single entry visa
Asked by Mitra from India
| Apr. 20, 2015 22:55
extending S2 visa in Zhejiang
Asked by Paulo from China
| May. 12, 2017 04:57
S2 visa. I have an s2, is it possible to extend it?
Asked by Phillip from USA
| Mar. 15, 2018 22:57
Which Shenzhen border crossing is fastest easiest for a visa renewal run? I...
Asked by Roy from Canada
| Feb. 15, 2016 19:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)