Asked by Jill from USA | Nov. 19, 2016 22:34
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit


I am flying out from LAX to Xian and onward to Hong Kong, plan to spend two to three days (within 72 hours in the city), but my travel agency told me that by flying to Xian needs to transit from HK airport (no need to go through immigration), so am I still eligible to get the 72 visa free? Because I worry that the immigration count me as entering from HK not LAX.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tina from Bulgaria | Nov. 21, 2016 20:55
Jill, so you mean that you need to transit in HK before flying to HK, right? If yes, I’m afraid you cannot enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Xian. You can only travel like LAX-HK-Xian-LAX, or LAX-Xian-HK-LAX.
If you travel like LAX-HK-Xian-HK-LAX, your layover in Xian won’t be a transit any more.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)