Asked by saleem from uk | Nov. 17, 2016 09:05
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

questions from Sal, an UK citizen travelling Beijing for under 72 hours

hello, i am an UK passport holder travelling to Beijing as a tourist;
i am flying into Beijing from London on a wednesday morning about 5.30am,
then flying out of the same Beijing airport 2 days later on the friday about 12 noon to Seoul, South Korea;
i have my tickets booked for Seoul and I do not need a visa for South Korea.
i am staying in a hotel during my 56 hours or so stay in Beijing.

i believe i qualify for the 72 hrs free facility?
if so, do i just apply for, and obtain, the free transit at Beijing airport ON ARRIVAL or is there any applications/enquiries with embassies/ my airlines BEFORE my arrival?
is there a charge for this free transit and if so how much?
also, i want to travel out of the IMMEDIATE Beijing area to see the Great Wall, is this ok to do?
also, do i need to register at a local police station or is my hotel automatically going to register for me?
please advise me with my above queries, many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Taylor from Portugal | Nov. 17, 2016 21:43
Saleem, yes, you qualify for the 72 hour free transit in Beijing.
You need to inform the airlines that you want to sue the 72 hour free transit in Beijing when you board the plane in London. After arrival at Beijing airport, you can apply for the 72 hour free transit at the transit counter. It is free of charge.
It is ok for you to visit the Great Wall during the 72 hour free transit.
Usually, your hotel will register at a police station for you, but you’d better contact with ten hotel and confirm that.
Related Questions:
Through Beijing back to Uk
Asked by Graeme from UK
| Jan. 11, 2013 01:50
72 hours including layover?
Asked by Helen from United Kingdom
| May. 31, 2014 02:27
USA to Beijing to HK
Asked by Christine from England
| May. 14, 2016 21:07
I'm UK passport holder
Asked by Sandra from United Kingdom
| Mar. 01, 2015 00:13
66 hours in Beijing can i use the 72 hour transit?
Asked by Ashlea from United Kingdom
| Aug. 10, 2017 04:34
Visit Great Wall on 72 hour visa free transit.
Asked by Michael from Singapore
| Jul. 09, 2017 22:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)