Asked by Roberta from UK | Oct. 09, 2016 07:29
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Di I need a visa for a 3 day stop over in Shanghai after my cruise

I am flying to Hong Kong from London to pick up a cruise. It ends in Shanghai and I want to stay an extra 3 days. I am then flying back to London. Because I am not going to a third country I have been told I need a Chinese entry permit. Is this the case or can I use the 144 hour free transit? Roberta

Answers (1)
Answered by Derek from Canada | Oct. 10, 2016 22:00
Roberta, will you take the cruise from HK to Shanghai and then take a flight to London? If yes, as long as you don't stop over other Chinese cities, you can enjoy the 144h free transit.
Related Questions:
Hi I am from Australia. I will fly from Syndey to Shanghai and stay for 2 n...
Asked by nguyen.vante from Australia
| Jul. 02, 2017 22:23
Do I need transit visa if I stay in Guangzhou airport for 3 hours.
Asked by Eric Lugartos from Philippines
| Sep. 04, 2014 21:09
Does my cruise ship group of 4 qualify for the 72 hour visa?
Asked by iza from Canada
| Nov. 04, 2015 20:16
Do I need a Visa for a 1 day stop in Shanghai on a cruise ship next May?
Asked by Bob from Australia
| Jan. 07, 2015 02:14
Having a 1 day stop of Shanghai on a cruise out of Japan, do I need to prov...
Asked by May Sumi from Canada
| May. 18, 2014 02:04
Visa requirements for stop at Shanghai
Asked by Chirstina from USA
| Jan. 03, 2018 21:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)